Spinach Artichoke Enchiladas
By: Natalie Baugh
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
MAKES: 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of organic cornstarch
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce (plain)
- 2 teaspoons tumeric
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 handfulls of fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 2 minched spicey organic grass fed sauseges
- 2 Tbsp of plain organic whole milk greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup of organic whole milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a medium saucepan, melt coconut oil. Stir in broth until smooth; gradually add corn starch. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the tomato sauce, garlic, turmeric and oregano. Simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spread 3/4 cup sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Set aside remaining sauce.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until soft. Add in mushrooms. Add artichokes, spinach and minced sausage; cook for 5 minutes longer. Reduce to low heat. Stir in the ricotta cheese, plain greek yogurt, milk and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Stir until a sauce is formed.
- Warm each tortilla on the stove until the tortilla is slightly cooked. Do not overcook or undercook. (If undercooked, the sides of the tortillas will break when rolling)
- Place the mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dish. Pour reserved sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.