PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 30 mins
TOTAL TIME: 40 mins
Recipe: by Natalie Baugh
- 6-8 large organic free range eggs
- 2 tsp Chilli Pepper
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 bell pepper (red preffered)
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cans of organic stewed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 handfuls spinach (chopped if they're huge pieces)
- 1/2 cup of water
- Take out a medium saute pan and add the onions, garlic and coconut oil. Let cook for about five minutes.
- Add the tomato, bell pepper and spinach to the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Cook the basil by stirring for about 1- 2 minutes before adding the white balsamic vinegar.
- Add the 2 cans of stewed tomatoes, 1 Tbsp of tomato paste and 1/2 cup of water to the pot. Let simmer and reduce for 5-7 minutes until the mixture begins to boil.
- Add the 1 Tbsp of turmeric, 1 tsp of cayenne pepper, 2 tsp of chili pepper and salt and pepper to taste.
- Get those organic free range eggs ready! crack them over the mixture in a circular formation so that the whole surface area is covered. Try to space each egg about an inch apart. Let cook for 7-10 minutes, or until the eggs are thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy an authentic Mediterranean cuisine!