Best (And Easiest) Bacon and Tomato Sandwich You Will Ever Taste
Ever crave a cheesy bacon and tomato sandwich? Well I do. And I am sure glad that I craved it, because this sandwich is yummy! And the bonus is that it doesn't take long to prepare either. Begin by presetting the oven to 350 F. Then, add Ricotta cheese, coconut oil, fresh basil and thyme, salt and sage into a food processor and blend well. Then, take a fresh loaf of sourdough bread and cut into the side of it. De-gut the soft bread inside. Spread the herbed cheese mixture on the inside of the bread. Next, take the slices of bacon and cook them on a frying pan for 3-5 minutes (it doesn't need to be cooked all of the way.)
Then, layer the inside of the bread with the sliced mozzarella, tomato and bacon. Push down on top of the bread to compress the sandwich. Place on a cooking sheet and place inside of the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the bacon is well cooked and the cheese is well melted. Take out of the oven and let cool. Once it has cooled enough to touch, slice the loaf into sandwich pieces. Take a bite, sit back and enjoy cheesy bacon goodness!
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp of Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup of fresh rosemary
- 1 whole tomato, sliced
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp of sage
- 1 whole loaf of fresh sourdough bread
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 2-4 sliced bacon (depending on how much bacon you want ;) )
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine Ricotta cheese, oil, herbs and seasonings into a food processor and mix well.
- Take the loaf of bread and cut into it from its side. Gut out the bread by taking out most of the soft middle. Place aside (If you want a yummy recipe to dip all of that left over bread in, check out our yummy butternut squash pistachio dip at http://www.upperroomessentials.com/recipes/2016/10/7/butternut-squash-pistachio-dip). Take the cheese spread and spread it well on the inside of the gutted bread.
- In a small frying pan, briefly cook the bacon for about 3-5 minutes until it is half-way done. Remove bacon and grease from the pan and the bacon aside.
- Slice the mozzarella cheese and the tomato, if you had not already done so. First, layer the cheese on the inside of the bread, and then place the tomato on top of it.
- Lastly, place the bacon inside of the sandwich. Slightly push down the sandwich so that it is more compressed.
- Place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, until the bacon is finished cooking and the cheese is well melted.
- I chose to serve my sandwiches with an amazing butternut squash pistachio dip. For the recipe, go to http://www.upperroomessentials.com/recipes/2016/10/7/butternut-squash-pistachio-dip.