Gluten Free Sweet Potato Pumpkin Carrot Cake
1/4 cup of coconut oil
2 cups of gluten free flour
1/4 cup of raw honey
2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 of a 15 oz can of organic puree pumpkin
1/4 cup of pureed organic sweet potato
1 shredded carrot
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
6 oz softened cream cheese
2 Tbsp of homemade pumpkin butter (to get the recipe go here )
2 cups of powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. If you decide to make the pureed pumpkin from scratch, de-seed the pumpkin and take out the goey insides. Then cut in half.
3. Place the yam (and possibly pumpkin) on a baking sheet and in the oven. Let bake for 20-30 minutes, or until completely soft.
4. For the yam, remove the skin and puree in the food processor. If you are cooking the pumpkin, scoop out the insides and puree as well.
5. Take a cloth soaked in coconut oil and grease the pan.
6. Grate the carrot and set aside.
7. Take a large bowl and mix together the eggs, coconut oil, honey, pumpkin puree and yam puree.
8. Now add in the flour, carrots, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and baking powder.
9. Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
10. Allow to cool all of the way and then frost.
1. Take cream cheese and whip until soft.
2. Add in homemade butter. For recipe go here http://www.upperroomessentials.com/recipes/2016/10/19/homemade-pumpkin-butter
3. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla extract until well blended.
4. Lick the beater and enjoy! <3